Primary School

“Always aiming higher

Contact Details



If parents have complaints about provision made for special educational needs, we encourage parents to discuss their concerns with the class teacher, SENCo or Head of School or Executive Head Teacher to resolve the issue before making the complaint formal to the Chair of the governing body.

If the complaint is then directed to the Chair of Governors, our whole school complaints policy will be followed. 


If the complaint is not resolved after it has been considered by the governing body, then a disagreement resolution service or mediation service can be contracted. If it remains unresolved after this, the complainant can appeal to the First–tier Tribunal (Special Educational Needs and Disability), if the case refers to disability discrimination, or to the Secretary of State for all other cases.


There are some circumstances, usually for children who have an Educational, Health and Care Plan, where there is a statutory right for parents to appeal against a decision of the Local Authority. Complaints that fall within this category cannot be investigated by the school.