Please read the information below which gives details of our Sports Premium Grant and how we allocate the funding.
Purpose of the funding
Schools will have to spend the sport funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this. Possible uses for the funding include:
• hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work alongside primary teachers when teaching PE
• new or additional Change4Life sport clubs.
• paying for professional development opportunities in PE/sport
• providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE/sport
• running sport competitions, or increasing participation in the school games
• buying quality assured professional development modules or materials for PE/sport
• providing places for pupils in after school sport clubs and holiday clubs
What do we already do at Highwood?
At Highwood we believe that all children should be given the opportunity to develop their sporting skills. We work in partnership with many organisations including Chelmsford Sports Partnership. We offer many clubs both during and after the school day including Football, Multi -Sports, Dance and Karate . As a school we enter competitions, always doing our very best and learning from the experience.
Unfortunately, due to the impact of COVID-19, many of the sporting opportunities we would normally offer and participate in could not happen.
For 2021-2022 Highwood will use the additional funding, subject to Covid restrictions, to offer the following :
- Continue to employ qualified Sports Coaches to help enrich our PE lessons,
- Continue to offer further sessions with a Swim Instructor to teach swimming
- Employ a qualified Sports Coach to facilitate and prepare children for competitions
- Enhance the outdoor learning provision, including equipment
- Improvements to school swimming pool and facilities
- Outdoor pursuits for older pupils