Please read the information below which gives details of our Sports Premium Grant and how we allocate the funding.
Schools will have to spend the sport funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this. Possible uses for the funding include:
• hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work alongside primary teachers when teaching PE
• new or additional Change4Life sport clubs.
• paying for professional development opportunities in PE/sport
• providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE/sport
• running sport competitions, or increasing participation in the school games
• buying quality assured professional development modules or materials for PE/sport
• providing places for pupils in after school sport clubs and holiday clubs
At Highwood we believe that all children should be given the opportunity to develop their sporting skills. We work in partnership with many organisations including Chelmsford Sports Partnership. We offer many clubs both during and after the school day including Football, Multi -Sports, Dance and Karate . As a school we enter competitions, always doing our very best and learning from the experience.
For 2017- 2018 Highwood will use the additional funding to: